Sunday, April 26, 2009

My TripTo Tioman Last Year

This post is copied from my journal. It happened last year in July.


On Sunday morning while it was still dark, I took a train to Kranji then hopped on a bus to go to the Singapore checkpoint. It was a short ride before we arrived at the Malaysian checkpoint. I then took another bus. In the bus I ate raisin bread and looked out of the bus window.

When we reached Mersing, we found a place to have lunch. While we were eating, my incisor dropped out!


After that, we waited to board a boat that will take us to Tioman. We waited for quite a long time. So, daddy and I went to explore the beach. I was worried that the boat will arrive while I was walking around. When the boat finally arrived, we boarded and put our big and heavy bags in a corner for bags. It was very cold inside the boat so daddy and I went up to the top deck which had a roof and railings. There were even seats to sit on but, all the seats were taken up. I took some photographs and one of them is now on the top of Bailey's ( my brother's ) blog. Up there, I looked out at the waves and the bright open sea.

When we reached, I was so excited that I ran out and looked in surprise because it was so beautiful. It was about to rain. We ran to a shelter just when the rain started. When the rain stopped we went to look for a chalet to rent. We were at a town called ABC where there were no air-con houses. We decided to go to another town beside ABC called Tekek. But Marina Park ("sea park" in Malay), the place we wanted to swim at was at ABC. Daddy said, "We will get a taxi when we want to go to Marina Park."

When we found a chalet with air-con beside the sea, we settled down and went out to see the beach and the shells.

For dinner we had seafood and sweet and sour chicken. In the night, we went to sleep in the room of mosquitoes.

The next day, the weather was good for playing on the beach. This is a picture of Bailey and I monkeying around outside our room's front porch railings.

In the middle of lunch, it rained but we were in the shelter. Our neighbour was going home on that day and he happened to be eating at the same place. So we talked to him while we waited for the rain to stop. We ate ice-cream after that for our dessert. Mine was green apple flavor. It was yummy! When the rain stopped we went back to the chalet. In the night we went out to look at the stars. When we were tired, we went to sleep in our chalet of mosquitoes.

In the morning we went to Marina Park to have some fun. We got a taxi to bring us there. When we reached Marina Park, we took off our clothes (we had our swim wear inside).

We swam and swam almost the whole day. For lunch we ate a burger. First we took a towel and dried ourselves, then we ate our burger. When we finished eating our burger we went to swim some more. After awhile, I was tired, so I rested.


We swam and swam for the whole day, before going to bathe. We walked back to the chalet. It took about an hours to walk back. We visited the newly built mariner on the way. There were many yachts parked there.

The next day we took the long journey back home to Singapore. This is a picture of us lying on the hammock outside our chalet before we left. Our chalet is right behind us.



Here's a videoclip from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment