Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Book: Cora Frears

Cora Frear was once a little girl. She was 10 years old and her dad was a doctor.

One day, Cora was coming back from Sunday school. She saw her father preparing two horses and a buggy. She knew he was going to go out to treat his patients.

She quickly ate her bread and jumped on the buggy before her dad set off. They were in the middle of a prairie when they heard a loud noise. They thought and thought until they knew what it was. A prairie fire! Cora's farther had a very good way of keeping themselves alive.

If you want to know how they survived the fire, you'll have to read the book yourself. The book's title is Cora Frear by Doris Ettlinger. This is a true story. It happened in 1887-1985. I love to read about real people and their stories.

I really like this story. I wish I owned this book. Then I'll be able to read it many times!

This is the second best book I have ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment